ZPRA CORE FUNCTIONS
- Monitor and regulate exploration, development and production of petroleum in Zanzibar.
- Advice the Minister responsible for petroleum affairs on the granting, renewing, suspending and cancelling of petroleum exploration licence, development licence and production permit.
- Provide information to the relevant authority for the collection of royalty, cost oil/gas, profit oil/gas, taxes and fees from petroleum activities.
- Advising the Government on proposed development plans, infrastructure development, tail end plan and decommissioning of installations submitted by Zanzibar Petroleum Development Company (ZPDC) and Contractors.
- Administer compliance of Zanzibar Laws and Petroleum agreements by all stakeholders.
- Ensure the establishment of a central database of persons involved in petroleum activities,